Meet Dr. Mark Stieg
As orthodontists, we are here to serve our patients and provide a smile that patients will use to express themselves for a lifetime. However, the orthodontic experience is more than straight teeth and a beautiful smile: we realize that the doctor-patient relationship is based on trust, and we are dedicated to building that trust with our patients. As your orthodontist, I aim for excellence and encourage honest and open communication.
For more than 30 years, families have entrusted us to care for their smiles. It’s an honor to be creating smiles for the second and third generations of some of those original families. We have enjoyed getting to know each and every patient, and creating relationships that last.
Our Practice and Team
Our team members care about people and each other. They are committed to providing every patient with the best treatment experience possible, and supporting and encouraging each to become a better person. Our team strives to instill positive thoughts in our patients and sets the groundwork for a positive, happier life during treatment and after the patients finish.
- Undergraduate studies – Arizona State University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – The Ohio State University
- Master of Science in orthodontics – University of Iowa
I am a guest lecturer for the University of Iowa and serve as assistant clinical professor at Midwestern University’s College of Dental Medicine, where I teach and mentor future dentists and orthodontists. In order to provide the most effective education for students, I stay current on advances in the specialty through study groups and attend a range of lectures, seminars, and conferences throughout the year. Continuing education also ensures I provide patients with the most effective, proven care to achieve their best smiles.
- American Board of Orthodontics, Diplomate and board certified
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, past board member
- Arizona State Orthodontic Association, past president, past secretary/treasurer
- Arizona Orthodontic Study Group, past board member, past program chairman
- American Dental Association
- Arizona Dental Association
- Central Arizona Dental Society
- Scottsdale/Paradise Valley Dental Study Club, past president
- Arizona Board of Dental Examiners, past consultant
- AZ Innovative Dental Study Group, Advisor
I believe in supporting others, and in making our community a better place for all. In addition to supporting education and extracurricular activities for students as a past president for the Scottsdale Unified School District Foundation and the Scottsdale Charros, I now serve as an advisor for both of these organizations.
Beyond the Practice
Our family originally moved to Scottsdale in 1964. I’m proud to live in and serve the community I grew up in. My wife Kathy and I have been married for more than 35 years. We have two children: Kelli, who is married to our son-in-law Jared; and Matthew, who is married to our daughter-in-law Katy.
When I’m not working, I love spending time with my family. We enjoy college football, baseball, snow skiing, ranching, and outdoor adventures.